Hi there 👋 It's nice to have you here. The following guide will help you set up Octopods for your Intercom workspace.
Step 1 - Signing Up
1. To get started with Octopods, go to www.octopods.io, enter your email address, and click on Get Started:
2. This will take you to our sign-up form, where you'll fill in basic information about yourself:
3. Once you've signed up, you will receive a confirmation email. Confirm your account, and login to the Octopods web app:
Step 2 - Connecting to Intercom
1. After login, click Connect to connect your Intercom workspace:
2. Select the workspace you'd like to connect, and click Authorize access. Do not modify the required permissions:
3. Your workspace is now connected!
Step 3 - Connect a channel
1. Before you can add a channel, you'll need to start a trial subscription. Go to Billing:
2. If you only wish to try WhatsApp, no credit card information is required. You can use our sandbox for as long as you need. Here's how to do that: https://docs.octopods.io/en/articles/3724129-testing-the-platform-using-waba-sandbox
For any other channel (such as Facebook, Twilio SMS, Telegram, etc.), select Octopods Omnichannel Plan. Enter your credit/debit card information and select the number of channels you need:
3. That's it! You can now connect any of the channels on your dashboard:
4. If you need assistance connecting any channel, click on the Need Help? button on the channel page, and our step-by-step bot will guide you through. You can also reach out to us with any questions through the Intercom Messenger:
Step 4 - Install our Inbox app in your Intercom Inbox
To get the most out of Octopods, install our Inbox app.
1. In your inbox, click Customize:
2. Add the Octopods Omnichannel to your sidebar.