This guide will take you through the process of applying for a WhatsApp account with 360dialog.
If you're not familiar with what a provider is or what their pricing model looks like, please read this first:
Prerequisites: What you need before applying
1. A phone number. It must be a clean number; a number that has not been registered for WhatsApp Business API in the past, and is currently not registered on the WhatsApp mobile app.
2. Credit card for payment. 360dialog requires your payment details as part of your application. You will be charged the US$15/month fee right after the signup process is completed.
Step 1: Request Access with 360dialog
To begin, fill in this form on 360dialog's website and accept the terms of service:
Note: You must use this link in order to obtain the reduced price of $15/month from 360dialog.
You will be asked to enter your payment information right away. Billing will begin as soon as the signup process is completed.
You will need the following information for the form:
The phone number you wish to register for WhatsApp Business.
Your Legal Company Name, as listed in your Facebook Business Manager.
Your credit card name and number.
Step 2: Complete the signup process
There are 3 main steps:
Choose an existing or Create new Facebook and WhatsApp Business account
2. Create your WhatsApp Business Profile
Choose Display Name
Add the Business Category and Description
3. Complete Number Registration
Receive a 6-digit code via SMS or Voice to verify the number
You can follow this 360dialog video tutorial:
Step 3: Generate an API Key
Once the signup process is completed, 360dialog will automatically deploy the WhatsApp Business API stack and you will be automatically logged into 360 Client Hub, where you can generate your
When the stack is deployed, the number will enter Sandbox Mode. In this mode, you will be able to send messages but the number will be subject to restrictions until Business Verification is completed.
Once you complete the signup process, you can send messages before your business is verified by WhatsApp. This period is known as the unverified trial experience.
There are 2 tiers to this:
1. Unverified trial experience (upon completion of signup process) lasts for 30 days and includes: Up to 10 pre-approved template messages a day that can be sent to 2 phone numbers. Customer Service Messages can be sent to 10 phone numbers.
2. Expanded trial (upon submission of documents as part of Business Verification) includes: Up to 10 pre-approved template messages a day that can be sent to 2 phone numbers and 1500 customer-initiated conversations.
Step 4: Connect account to Intercom
When your account is ready, follow this guide to connect it to Intercom:
Step 5: WhatsApp Commerce Policy Review
Once all these three verifications have been successfully completed, you will receive full access.
The progress of your application will be visible to you in your 360dialog Hub account.
Step 6: (Optional) Complete Facebook Business Verification
A verified Facebook Business Manager ID can be obtained from your Facebook Business settings. (Please note: This is not the same as your Facebook page ID).
If your Facebook Business ID is not verified, follow the following instructions to obtain verification. The process takes about one week:
Facebook Business page verification (fb.com)
Accounts submitted without having the Business Manager verified will be placed in the Limited Access Tier, which gives access to:
Unlimited customer-initiated conversations (24-hour messaging windows)
Ability to send notifications to 50 unique customers in a rolling 24-hour period
Ability to register up to two (2) phone numbers, which can both be assigned to 1 WABA or split between 2 WABAs
You must initiate Business Verification if at any point you want to:
Use the Standard Access tier, which gives access to:
Currently available messaging limits (1K, 10K, 100K unique customers/day)
More than 2 phone numbers
An Official Business Account (OBA) - Any business that requires an OBA must complete Business Verification.